Monday, March 12, 2012

Choices


Springtime in Virginia!


 My yard is convinced that it's spring. You can't really argue with the likes of this.


I once felt badly about clipping flowers and bringing them inside the house. But whoever planned the landscaping for this house made sure there would be an abundance of color. One tree is already bursting with flowers.

I chose three of the fullest blooms and cut them. 

Then I realized that there were literally hundreds of buds about to open in the next few days.

I chose to cut every single open bloom.

I love fresh flowers in the house.



 The brothers posing for a quick shot. The 12-year old is taller than the 16-year old. Not much you can do about that; it is what it is.

I love them both.



It was a great day to be outside. 

 

I was glad to see my son playing soccer. He had to choose a few years ago: drumline or soccer. 

He chose music. He has no regrets, but he misses soccer.

Recently, I had to choose. I gave up teaching piano lessons to be home more in the afternoons.

I have no regrets. I miss my students.

But I wouldn't take anything for the time I had at home with my boys after school today.

No comments: