Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day 2008

In our house, Valentine's Day is a call for scrap booking supplies. The dining room table has been littered with paper, pens, glue pens and stickers for the past week. Syd made about 15 homemade cards for her friends. Shannon made a few cards, including a special one for Marshall. Sarah made a paper flip book for Elijah and handed out Dove chocolates to her friends.

I always make my own cards, too. Usually the kids awake to find the breakfast table set with cards and something special. Today, we waited until after school, since the boys got to spend Wednesday night with their dad.















So here's a glimpse of my cards; one for each kid, personalized, with a special note inside. I'm not sure they actually keep these cards, but I carefully date each one, just in case they look back 20 years from now and remember how creative their mom once was. Actually, it's not so much creative; just cheap. And creative.















The boys got argyle prints this year. I loved this paper, with a bit of glitter and a great pattern. The tag board letters were awesome, too.

Every gets a little gift as well; some sort of candy (chocolate for everybody but Sydni, who doesn't like chocolate. She got Jelly Bellies. The boys also got little Tech Deck skateboards (collector's edition!) and the girls got earrings.

Not a bad collection. I hardly have time to scrapbook anymore, but it's fun to spend an hour making cards.

Here's the beauty from the day - gifts and flowers from all over the place. It was a special day. After everybody returned home for the evening, they sent me on a scavenger hunt to find my gifts - more homemade cards and sweet sentiments. I'll share those later...

Happy Valentines Day to you!

3 comments:

my15minutes said...

Wow. You get Mother of the Year in my book. Hallmark and a Cold Stone Creamery gift card from me. :-)

Jayne said...

What lovely cards, and yes, I am sure years from now, those will be priceless to your kids. How special the holiday is with things made from the heart!

annie said...

Lovely, lovely stuff!! What a wonderful thing to do for your kids!