At our age, we've decided to maximize our time and celebrate every month.
And thus far, here's some of what I've learned:
- Talking is good. Talking equals communication. Making assumptions can lead to hurt feelings and misunderstandings. Talking can fix that.
- It's really nice to share the load of stuff like getting up early, washing dishes, cleaning bathrooms, etc. Especially the getting up early part.
- When kids are raised with grace, they tend to offer it fairly easily. And that is a beautiful thing to watch.
- It's kind of cool to have a guitar hanging in your bedroom.
- I'm a better person when I laugh a lot. And being married has led to a lot of laughter. Which was unexpected.
I like being married. Actually, I liked being single, too. But this is different, and rich and rewarding. And every day feels like a gift.