Monday, November 8, 2010

Yum Delicious Ribs

I really love cooking for my family.

Pork ribs are on sale at Food Lion.

I bought a package and came home looking for a new recipe; I've never been happy with "ungrilled" ribs.

Found the recipe. Made some adjustments. Cooked the ribs. Pronounced them DELICIOUS.

You will, too. If you try this, let me know how it goes.



1/3 cup brown sugar
a little less than 1/4 cup kosher salt
paprika to taste (I used about a teaspoon)

Preheat oven to 300. Mix together sugar, salt and paprika in a bowl. Cut ribs into pieces. Roll 'em around in the sugar mixture.

Place in a large pan. Add water, about one inch high (or come borrow my red cup, which had just enough to fit perfectly). Bake one hour at 300. Remove ribs and turn them over. Bake another hour.

Remove pan; turn oven up to 400. Spoon barbecue sauce over each rib (I used some store-bought brand, don't even remember what kind...) Put them back in the oven for 30 minutes.

Take 'em out. Don't burn yourself on the pan (I did. Ouch.)

Eat.

Yum.

1 comment:

Ktea said...

mmm.... ribs... WANT.

and not yet - i'm waiting for her to review the fall images. the wintery ones were too wintery / the xmas tree one was a little hard to read, so i put some fall versions together for her to review. i'll let you know when she approves of one!

did you want a screen version as well? these are sized for the website, but it's not a problem to resize whatever she picks for the screens at church.