Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Utterly Happy

Writing the first draft of a message for church. Four pages.

Drivel.

Ugh. Frustrated, ready to trash it all, hopelessly unable to find the hook. So passionate about so much and so unable to relate it with any sense of order.

Going through my notebook, pawing through the things I have scrawled in the hopes there will be something of substance, I find this list. Buried at the beginning of the book, probably the result of some writing prompt.

It says:

LIST: UTTERLY HAPPY, ABSORBED IN AN ACTIVITY, NO MATTER HOW ODD
1. scrapbooking
2. playing music
3. sitting behind Tony on the bike
4. playing music
5. teaching Bible stuff
6. walking on beach
7. writing

I've been looking for utterly happy. Maybe I ought to pay attention to my own list.

No comments: