The prompt from my groovy pals at Eat, Write, Post, Bathe - Eight Fears.
1. I seem to be afraid that the world is going to run out of ice cream, since I am compelled to eat ice cream more frequently than is prudent.
2. It may not qualify as a fear, but I really, really, REALLY don't like going over high bridges like the New River Gorge. or the entrance ramps from Interstate 20 to I-35 in Fort Worth. I watched those ramps being built and was completely freaked out by driving on them.
3. I'm afraid if my daughters DON'T STOP SCREAMING SO DRAMATICALLY ABOUT YOU TOOK MY ONLY JEANS WITHOUT HOLES IN THEM TO CHICAGO WITH YOU FOR TWO WEEKS that I might walk into the kitchen where they are studying for tests (Syd) and washing dishes (Sarah) and scream.
4. At some point, Frito Lay might decide to stop making Lime Tostitos. I fear this day.
5. When my kids are driving somewhere, I always fear The Other Guy.
6. I'm afraid I'll never lose this 20 pounds. See those posts about the ice cream and the Tostitos? There you go.
7. I fear cancer. I hate that I do, but I do.
8. I often have to make difficult decisions that involve people. I fear that sometimes, they don't get over it. But I am learning to let this go.