Friday, October 3, 2014

31 Songs: Marry Me

Now that the weight has lifted
Love has surely shifted my way

Marry me...today and every day
Marry me

Tomorrow, I'll partner with two of my friends, each one of the finest musicians I've ever had the pleasure of working with. This lyric and the gentle melody will carry another of our friends and coworkers down the aisle, toward the man who will become her husband.

They are blending two families; all girls, growing up in the shadow of this new, gentle and glorious love that their parents have created.

They met at church. They fell in love.

But they've worked to create an environment for their relationship to thrive, for their girls to prosper, for their lives together to find favor.

We fall into love. The feelings propel us and persuade us.

But love that lasts, even when rooted in the firmest of foundations, is a daily re-creation.

They take the first steps tomorrow, and we'll sing this song from our unique vantage point. On the platform, we see it all; the groom, as his heart quickens and he spies her for the first time, and the bride, as she takes that first step towards her future.

Sometimes it's good to be the piano player. I get the best seat at the wedding.


Now that the wait is over
And love has finally shown the way
Marry me...today and every day
Marry me



1 comment:

Cyn Huddleston said...

That must feel lucky. Is it also a weight to have a part in a person's wedding? I haven't been to a wedding in years. And I haven't been in one since I graduated high school.