Friday, October 12, 2007

Friday Morning, No School. Yum!

I was able to sleep in until 8:00 a.m. this morning! What a blessed event! A full EIGHT HOURS SLEEP!! It's been a while...

The kids didn't stay up too late last night; I had to pick Shannon up from a birthday party at 11:00, and when I got back home (from the other side of the county), everybody was asleep. David had asked Sarah to read to him from his current favorite - The Hardy Boys, Number 6. I guess it went well; I arrived to find them together in her bed, sound asleep. A sixteen-year old girl and her eight-year old brother. Sweet. David was the first one awake, and since today the weather has finally accepted the fact that -HELLO - IT'S OCTOBER!!!!!! ENOUGH OF THE 90 DEGREE STUFF!!!! - we had ourselves some oatmeal. Yum. David was chilly, so you'll see him here bundled up in his warm-up jacket and a 'mitten'. He was the only one up, so we enjoyed a little private conversation.
The second course of breakfast was a nice cup of hot chocolate, loaded down with marshmallows. Yum! He wanted to sit on the deck and enjoy the morning air.


And guess who came to visit while we were there? I have no idea what kind of bird this is, other than hungry. He came back repeatedly while we watched and waited, whispering together so we wouldn't scare him away.

No 6:00 a.m. alarm? Wonderful.

A morning in which to work slowly and allow my physical body time to catch up to my brain and jump-start the creative process? Awesome.

Encouraging words from a co-worker to start the day? Energizing.

Time to enjoy quiet conversation with my ever-amazing eight-year old son? Priceless.



3 comments:

Jayne said...

What a sweet morning indeed! I think you have yourself a Tufted Titmouse there. Say that five times fast! ;c)

Mary said...

Your children have the most beautiful BLUE eyes! I've been wanting to scream that out for a while.

It's delicious to hit the sack on a night when you know there will be NO ALARM in the morning. I treasure my one day a week to sleep in, too.

Well, Beth. The birds like you! And I'm envious of your Tufted Titmouse photo. They are very difficult for me to photograph because they are very fast, loud, and wary.

GOOD JOB!

I hope your Dad is doing well after surgery.

Bill said...

You're 3 for 3 on the "Titmouse" sighting. I too just love the pictures of your kids. They are so cute!...blue eyes.....freckles....and they all look in one way or another LIKE YOU!!