Sunday, June 14, 2009

This Is Why We Do It

These 50+ people went to the river today to be bapitzed and publicly declare that they were following Jesus. They waded into the water to stand beside one of our pastors. When asked, "What is your testimony?", they replied, "Jesus is Lord" or "Jesus is my Savior".

Then they dipped back into the water and came up drenched.

Some of these folks I know well. Some of them have shared their stories with me.

Some of them are acquaintances only; we worship together each week.

But we share the same community. We are brothers and sisters. And today, we celebrated together in the most amazing bonus I could ask for.

Glen Titus came up out of the water with a fishing hook stuck to his sandal. The line and a weight trailed out into the water. He unwrapped them and declared, "I'm keeping this! It's a sign! Fishers of men!"

Jesus is Lord. There is no greater thing.


1 comment: