Thursday, September 10, 2009

On Being Human

Lord, what a week.

I feel stretched in a million different directions. I feel lost. I feel broken. I feel exhausted.

I am in a season of finding out some truths about myself. It requires that I stop, look and listen.

None of those things are particuarly appealing right now.

I read a sentence today that literally took my breath away. I post tonight only to share it with you. From the blog of someone I admire greatly, both for his perspective on life and his talent with words - you can read more from Milton here. In the meantime, chew on this:


Redemption rides on small gestures and simple acts; forgiveness has fingerprints.

2 comments:

annie said...

Wow! I love that quote!

The Dude said...

"As we were walking out, I turned to one of the high guys and said, “Good job tonight.”

He smiled and said, “You, too, sir.”"

Awesome