Tuesday, August 20, 2013

It's Just Not That Hard

One of the best parts of my job is the creative, create-something-out-of-nothing teamwork that undergirds a lot of what we do. I'm currently tasked with helping get small groups geared up for fall, and one of my tasks was to find a creative way to show that putting together a group is just not that hard.

Our team created a vague storyboard idea. We pitched it to a creative guy who wrote out a script. The script morphed into a different sort of dialogue, due to the restrictions of casting and a tight shooting schedule.

The filmmaker - a professional - volunteers his time and energy and indulges our every whim. His editing skills are genius.

And the actors? In this case, my friends. And my family. Good sports, every one.

Here's what we came up with; special appearances by my husband, my daughter, and my mother-in-law.

I love my job.



pcc smallgroup1 640x360 from Beth Brawley on Vimeo.

By the way - if you're interested in hosting a small group, we are looking for a few more. Give me a shout at beth {at} pccwired {dot} net and I'll fill you in.

2 comments:

Samsmama said...

that was AWESOME...one of the best I've seen! and Tony who knew!!!! so deadpan...who did he remind me of????? can't think but it was some actor. wow, kudo's truly!!!!

and it is about time you started blogging again, just sayin.

Lindsay Durrenberger said...

so this is adorable.