Monday, October 14, 2013

31 Days: A List

Today I noticed a few things. Rather than wax poetic, I'm going to make a list.

  • I have lost all trust in our elected officials. And I really just don't care any more. 
  • It bothers me that I don't care. I am not a fan of apathy. 
  • I miss my eldest daughter so much. I need to see her.
  • It was a long day. It started in the dentist's chair. 
  • I need to floss more.
  • A fight that became an important discussion interrupted my entire day. It was worth it.
  • I didn't eat all day, because of the interruption to my carefully-laid plan. 
  • That's not entirely true.
  • I ate a banana.
  • I had a late meeting at church, so I didn't get home until 9PM. it was worth it.
  • The fridge was bare, and dinner didn't get cooked, because of the afore-mentioned best-laid plans. I threw together an individual serving of homemade mashed potatoes for dinner. They were epic.
  • Watching The Voice with my family makes me happy happy happy. Daniel even texted me from his job about tonight's show (he was watching on break).
  • Speaking of The Voice, Christina's boobs are back. Oh joy.
  • I've been a little grumpy all day. 
  • I know why.
  • I'm sad.
  • Because this guy is leaving.

  • It was worth it.
Being grumpy does not make for a good blogger. I'm sorry. We'll return to our regularly scheduled cheery updates tomorrow.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

“Instructions for living a life.
Pay attention.
Be astonished.
Tell about it.” ~ Mary Oliver

Mary O. doesn't say you have to be cheery about it . . .

Lori said...

I agree with Holly... no cheer need apply