Saturday, February 13, 2010

Called Up

Unbelievable to me how things come together.

I have this huge heaviness in my heart for Haiti.

Our church donates thousands of dollars for earthquake relief, all of which we sent to Haiti via the Virginia Baptist Disaster Relief Fund.

Today, my dear, awesome and amazing friend Jackie texts me with some incredible news about Haiti.

"Guess what? As part of the disaster relief team, I have been called up for Haiti. As long as I can get my flight money together, I leave Feb 22."

I feel like I'm part of something amazing.

Not that this is all about me, but what other perspective do I have?

All I know is that everywhere I look - under, over, sideways - I see grace. The grace of purpose and redemption, healing and hope, forgiveness and future.

And people who are willing to go to the ends of the earth to be the hands and feet of Jesus.

You can help. Contact me to find out how.

1 comment:

Enchanted Oak said...

Uniting with you in prayer...