Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Crazy Love

For the past two years, I've hosted a small group in my home on Monday nights. It's been a wonderful opportunity to meet people, to learn together and to do life. I've made some great friends and been deeply impacted by the power of community.

I made a change this year and decided to open up my Monday nights for my family. A new marriage was a great motivator, and so far it's been a good move. But I do miss my small group...

In lieu of Monday nights, I decided to lead a study of Francis Chan's book Crazy Love. I dug into this book during my study break last year and was really blown away by its deliberate focus on GOD. Sounds like a "duh" moment, but Chan takes a different approach than many current cool and trendy Christian books (at least the ones that I've been reading) and offers a perspective on theology, the nature and character of God and our resulting place in the world that is focused and fresh.

We're meeting on Tuesday afternoons at the Powhatan Library. There's room for a few more folks, if you're interested in joining us. Shoot me an email at beth {at} powhatancc {dot} org and let me know. I'd love to have you join us.

(And I don't know about you - it's me, showing my age - but every time I think about this book, I hum a little Poco....)

3 comments:

Enchanted Oak said...

Hi, Beth. Please check my comment on your post about the medical clinic run by Tara and Troy Livesay. I'm drumming up support for them on my blog too. I'm going to donate money to the Livesay operation for each blogger who posts on Saturday and Sunday. The subject of your post needs to be gratitude for simple things.

Anonymous said...

What time on Tuesdays?

Angela

Beth said...

Angela - 1:00. Give me a call...