Monday, September 13, 2010

Bob Pino

Yesterday I had the privilege of delivering the message at my church. It was an important day for me, as the culmination of an interesting journey. It marked a passage of sorts. I'll blog more about that later.

The content of the message included references to "Now what?" moments, those times when circumstances leave your head spinning and you wonder how to function in a new reality. To help my own understanding and to share with with church, we spent some time with a dear friend and a video camera.

Bob Pino has been part of our church for several years. He has been a good friend since we met. It's impossible to know Bob and Jeanne and not love them. Their passion for God is infectious. They are kind and encouraging. They pray, and they've prayed for me without ceasing. They are funny and fun people, and I love them. Tony and I consider them our dearest friends.

It was a privilege to have Bob speak to folks in the service through a prerecorded statement; but it was also difficult. His current circumstances are challenging. He's in the middle of a tough season.

Here's the video clip from our conversation that we showed in the service yesterday, followed by another excerpt that we didn't show in church. If you'd like to hear the entire message, you can find it here.

And if you'd like to send Bob and Jeanne a note of encouragement, you can do that at beanjobs{at}verizon{dot}net. Tell them how awesome they are.


Bob Pino Part 1 from Beth Brawley on Vimeo.


Bob Pino Part 2 from Beth Brawley on Vimeo.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

One of Bob's comments in this video was "God, what is my purpose?" Well, Bob, that couldn't have been clearer to me today as Rachel and I came by to see you for what will be the last time in this world. The flow of people through your hospital room door that love, respect and care about you spoke volumes to the testimony of your life. I overheard so many people speaking of how you were such a positive influence in their lives and their walk with Christ. If I could be a fraction of the man you have been in this life I would consider myself blessed beyond measure. God Bless you Bob and may the peace of Christ envelop you. Bob, rest in the knowledge that your purpose has truly been fulfilled in this life and I know you will hear the words "well done my good and faithful servant"

Mike Wassem

Jenny Alphin said...

There are no words that can truly describe Papa Pino. His walk with Christ was infectious and when I was near him I could feel the warmth of Gods love in him and around him. He was a father figure when I needed one and I rejoice knowing that he is now in Gods choir. Selfishly I want him here but I know I will see him again in Gods perfect timing. I thank God everyday for sharing his son Papa Pino with me, what an amazing man.

Jenny Alphin

Brandee Shafer said...

I had seen these before but forgotten about them. Watched them again. Then watched Part 2 over. Cried my eyes out. Grieving differently (more) than I expected based upon my knowledge that Bob has escaped pain and suffering and is in the presence of Jesus, also considering that, really, my interaction with Bob was pretty limited. On the phone with my mom, yesterday, I was trying to process aloud, and I said something like: "But you really only had to meet him once to really, really love him." And that was the Jesus in him. Can't wait to see him, again, in heaven, where he can eat cookies that aren't sugar-free. Tons and tons of them. Thank you, Beth, for capturing Bob on video.