Thursday, September 23, 2010

Bringing Peace

Wrapping up a long day of meetings, listening, reading, thinking, painting prep, feeling the minutes tick away until Sunday's launch of a new series and a new paradigm for our music teams. It's 7:25 and I'm still at the office.

I need peace this evening, as I sit alone in a building designed to be full of life and spirit and bodies. Sometimes it feels incredibly empty and lonely when there's no one else here.

But tonight, I just feel the resonance of a lyric that has lived in my soul for many, many years, from the pen of a man who now sees Jesus face to face.

Can you just fathom that for a moment? That Rich Mullins, who taught us to sing
"Oh God, you are my God
And I will ever praise you"
now looks at the One who offered him salvation and can say - to his face - "Oh God, you are my God, and I will ever praise you..."

Face to face with the creator of the universe.

There are some parts to this life of following Christ that I cannot comprehend. It is a mystery to me.

Which is as it should be.

Grateful for this peace tonight. Hope it might bring the same to you.

No comments: