- So thankful today for the flexibility of a job that allows me to work from home when necessary. It's a good day for that, as the rain has just begun; according to the radar reports, we'll have a wet few hours this afternoon.
- I'm working, trying to catch up and plan ahead. But it's slow going.
- Started the day with a terrific early meeting with huge implications for the future of the Worship Arts team at PCC. Had one of those "duh" moments that relate to the whole "I know the plans I have for you. - God" parts of our faith. Looking forward to what happens next.
- Still basking a bit in the glow of last night's service. The band was incredible. I enjoyed every minute. It was really, really cool. And my parents sat with me in the front row; Mom, Dad and my husband, all of us together. That meant so much to me. It was a good night.
- My three girls sang together as part of the service last night. They were awesome. I was proud, but they were just awesome as worship leaders, regardless of my maternal pride. Daniel was right behind them playing percussion. How cool is that?
- Potato soup on the stove. Yum. Thanks to a mom who believes in handing down good books, magazines and ham bones.
- My daughter Shannon is safely back in Harrisonburg after a great weekend at home. I appreciate that she was here for the ordination service. She brought friends with her; they are extremely cool. They got themselves up and left for JMU at 5AM this morning.
- Saw the ortho doctor this morning; surgery scheduled for next Wednesday to repair a torn medial meniscus. Looks pretty basic and uncomplicated, but it requires general anesthesia. Recover is dependent upon each individual; I could be on crutches one day and ready to paint the house the next, or I could be in severe pain and on crutches for two weeks. We'll see.
Monday, February 28, 2011
Knees, Soup and Such
Monday morning bullets (so what if it's already Monday afternoon):