Friday, February 24, 2012

Happy Friday And Random Thoughts

I have more to say about my study break, particularly this:

The church is not supposed to be a society of perfect people doing great work. It's a society of forgiven sinners repaying their unpayable debt of love by working Jesus's kingdom in every way they can, knowing themselves to be unworthy of the task. - N.T. Wright, Simply Jesus

But I'll wait to dig into that. Let me just say reading my first N.T. Wright book was a profound experience. I strongly encourage you to consider picking up a copy of Simply Jesus.

And here are a few other things:

Mark Batterson is the real deal. A good author, a comfortably powerful speaker and a consistent blogger. Follow him here.

How To Talk Evangelical is an intriguing name for a blog. This post I found compelling, especially as we are planning an upcoming series that will dig into the power of ritual, reality and relationship. Religion and relationship; mystery and understanding; silence and prayer. Good stuff.

I'm partial to this guy; and I found this post profoundly moving. This one, too.

I'm late to this party, but I love this blog about design. And seeing inside people's houses. I just like that.

Finally, my friends John, Tricia and Eli Tiller are chasing the wild goose. They are doing amazing things. I'm so excited for them and blessed by them. You will be, too.

Happy Friday! And for your viewing pleasure, here's a random photo of my 16-year old.

Also, I gave up Facebook for Lent. I miss my friends. Still processing what that means....

Drums in a gym! This is what my son does, hour after hour after hour..

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I <3 you...and your blog. LOVED the post from How to Talk Evangelical. Good stuff to chew on today. Happy Friday!

Addie Zierman said...

Thanks so much for the link to my blog! It's always so nice to hear that a post meant something to someone. Thanks for the kind words and for passing it on!