Thursday, January 15, 2009

Must-See TV

This is pretty much my favorite tv show now.  And 'The Biggest Loser'.  Love that, too.  Makes me cry.

But 'The Office' has become a favorite, simply because of the unbelieveably painful humor to be found in real, live humans.  I can laugh at those characters, surrogates for some of the strange situations we encounter in real life.  The tv situation depicts a weirder workplace situation than I have ever encountered.  It's sort of refreshing to be able to watch from afar and laugh a bit without hurting anybody's feelings.  Loved the new episode tonight, when Angela's two-timing is revealed and we get to witness Andy and Dwight work through their reactions.  It was so fitting to see the chickens come home to roost as they each symbolically cut their ties to the woman who betrayed both of them.

Our staff at church all received word this week of some pretty harsh pay cuts.  Everybody's hurting - some more deeply than others.  It's a lot to process, but a great opportunity for growth.  Our workplace situation is full of some amazing characters - some with interesting personality perks, quirky habits and interesting passions.  But every one of them is good and decent.  I trust them all and care for them deeply.  I think we all ache for one another as we each navigate the change in our paychecks.

It's not 'The Office', but at times it's just as entertaining.  And, in the end, it's a lot more rewarding.

I love my job.

1 comment:

annie said...

I love my job too! And of course, we're working through budget cuts too.