Tuesday, July 22, 2008


Estelle Getty died today. She was always my favorite Golden Girl, I think. Innocent, yet feisty enough to hold her own. It made me sad to hear of her passing. I loved that show, and always associated it with my grandmother; there were bits and pieces of her in every character.

And who could forget these great words, penned by Andrew Gold?


"Thank you for being a friend
We've traveled down the road and
back again

Your heart is true, you're a pal and a
confidante..."


Tell me - who among you knows the next verse?

~~~

I thought so.

~~~
By the way, forgive me if this offends, but dudes and dudettes: I have lost EIGHT FRICKIN' POUNDS!!!! Can I hear an 'amen'????

There's something about the Diet-That's-Not-A-Diet that works. Maybe it's the supplements, maybe its the cran-water - maybe it's just not eating so danged much. But I feel good in terms of the former snugness of my garments. And even better, I feel really good inside - like HEALTHY kind of good. Like I'm living the way God made me to live. Like I'm taking good care of myself.

Seriously, mentally, physically and spiritually, I feel more alive and like myself than I have in a long time. I told someone today that trying to alter my eating habits through this "Fat Flush" thing was the best decision I'd made since I came to work for PCC.

Amen.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you got your fiesty back kiddo... :-) Take care of you. Blessings...dt

don't eat alone said...

As per your weight loss, I will quote from the second verse:

"My hat is off, won't you stand up and take a bow."

Peace,
Milton

Patti said...

I didn't know the words. But I do know how great it is to feel healthy! Yay, Beth!

Bill said...

AMEN AND AMEN AND AMEN! Continue the quest. I join you in feeling more "fit."

The Dude said...

She was defintely the best of the golden girls. It's sarcasm like her's that made me talk back to my folks as a child.


Mega props on the lost eight pounds. And what is a "Fat Flush"? Is it a diet?

Mary said...

I need that prescription. Fat Flush sounds easy. I've been uncomforable this summer and need some tips!

Sorry I've been away...haven't read blogs in several weeks.

You sound good, Beth.

Helen P. said...

I THINK the words are...
"And if you gave a party
And invited everyone you know
You would see that the best would be from me...
and the card on it would say..Thank you for being a friend."

Man, you're going to make me look that up now. Foot!

I need to go to bed!
(grumbling as she goes)