Friday, January 15, 2010

Help Haiti

If you haven't already supported one of the many aid organizations sending financial help to Haiti, or if you'd like to pool your offering with that of your church family, we will give you a chance to do just that this Sunday at PCC. At the end of Sunday's service we will have a focused time of prayer and an opportunity to help.

PCC is partnering with the Disaster Relief Program of the Virginia Baptist Mission Board to send 100% of your contribution to the recovery work in Haiti. The Disaster Relief Team works in partnership with the American Red Cross, The Salvation Army and several other national and international agencies to offer assistance.

Write checks with "Haiti" in the memo line to donate on Sunday.

For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink...I needed clothes and you clothed me....I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me. - Matthew 25

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi - thanks for putting into words, my thoughts and feelings on Haiti. It helps that you've been there and worked in the DR. My father visited Haiti probably in the 80's and helped build a building. Wonder if it's still standing? I sent out an e-mail with the Livesay's blog link for my friends to read and respond to with their donations. I copied the prayer that they had posted and it touched me deeply. I follow your blog and enjoy your thoughts - keep up the good work!

Beverly - Ohio