Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Always A Woman

I love creative stuff that includes a fresh perspective on the more unique aspects of life.

Lately, I've been thinking a lot about growing up. Older. It comes from watching my oldest girls, I think. And from watching myself. The entire paradigm of aging comes with a tri-fold mirror; depending on your view, you'll get a unique perspective.

Lately, I see myself a lot through my daughters' eyes. Or at least I'm trying to.

At some point, it's hardly an option. You have to see yourself differently. Especially as a mother. Your children willfully refuse to see you the same way. You change or risk something breaking.

This clip - actually a commercial - is heart-wrenching and beautiful. I think it wraps things up just so succinctly that it's a tiny bit painful in its truth. It's just so quick...

Great art, great video work, beautiful paradigm.

Plus I'm a fool for some Billy Joel.

Enjoy.



HT to Carlos Whittaker at Ragamuffin Soul.

1 comment:

Connie Kottmann said...

very touching, and just in time for mother's day. :-)