Tuesday, May 25, 2010

What Comes Next

I'm considering furthering my education. Just starting to think about it...

...I think I want a seminary degree. I want to study the Bible, seriously. But I don't want to go to some rubber stamp let's-make-a-minister joint. It's tough to decide which direction to go.

Or maybe I could learn some new technology. Study graphic arts, seriously. I'd love that.

Or dig back into another music degree.

I don't know.

I just know I'm approaching a season of life when I've poured a ton of energy into raising kids. I still have tons of work to do in that direction.

But I'm starting to think about the things I want to do in the time I have left. It's feeling really precious to me. There's a lot I don't know. There's a lot I'd love to learn.


While I'm thinking through this, I'm going to spend a lot of time hugging my kids. I'm thinking that by the time David's 18, I'll have figured out what I want to do next.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beth,

I'm glad you shared this with us. It gives us direction on how to be praying for you. I think that any of the ideas you wrote down are good. The one thing I didn't notice was you taking a break. Don't get me wrong I am a firm believer in enhancing our education, espcially if it is in conjuction with what God has called you to do. But you are comming off a pretty hectic year and maybe for right now you just not weigh your self down.

There are several good christian schools that offer at home studies.

One thing I would love to see you look into is writing a book. You are such a gifted writer and have an awesome way of getting things accross.

Well there you have it...my 2 cents
I love you and I am so proud the the Christian woman that you are.
guess who?