Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Swagger

Just a few days ago I was thinking about how my family dynamic has changed since my oldest girls got their drivers' licenses.  Used to be, we had to pile five kids into the Suburban together to go anywhere. We didn't fit anywhere else. There were always heated arguments about who got to sit up front - they would run towards the car screaming, "SHOTGUN!!!" and subsequently debate whether or not the word itself trumped the physical possession of the front seat. We've argued and sung and laughed our way through many a mile in our big red Suburban.

No more. Now Sarah and Shannon have their own cars and the occasion for all of us to travel together is rare.

I remember the first van we bought; it wasn't worth much, an old square GM van we purchased in Hico, Texas. It didn't last long; it came with a bum transmission and within a few months we were trading it in for something that actually ran. With only two kids in the family, we weren't quite mini-van material, but from that point forward we needed large vehicles to transport our crew.

I love my Suburban, but these days it's used more as a shuttle for Sunday morning church services than it is for our family.

So this made me smile, and just a bit nostalgic. I'm thinking about all the folks I know with young children and swagger wagons. Those days passed way too quickly, it seems.

Enjoy - creative marketing and great filmmaking.

2 comments:

Angie said...

That is flippin hilarious!! Oh, and I can relate to the "shotgun!" thing, happens to us everyday. Love ya Girl!

Anonymous said...

This looks just like you an Tony.

Toyota is a master at narrow-casting a particular slice of the market.

50cent and JZ got nothing on these crackers.......word!