Sunday, May 2, 2010

Having Myself A Moment At The Dedication Service

Dedication service tonight.

So many passionate musicians on the stage. So much sound and passion rising from the platform.

Technical stuff pulled off - sometimes at the last minute - inspiring and honoring God. Lights. Staging. Transitions.

An amazing video piece, written and narrated by Angie Frame. Filmed and edited by Regina Revels, with musical selections suggested by Brian Hughes. A powerful and to-the-point message from Brian. A violin!

In the midst of all this, I heard a whisper from God. At the risk of sounding incredibly presumptuous, I am going to share it here. Because I feel like it's not just for me.

As we closed our celebration with "He Is Yahweh" and "You Are Good", I had myself a moment. Overwhelmed by the people around me - people whom I have come to love and care for so deeply - I hear this whisper. Tiny, quiet, brief - but more powerful than I can possibly convey. We worshiped. God responded.

In my heart, I heard five simple words:

"I AM PLEASED WITH YOU."

Meant the world to me.

I hope you were there. If you weren't, I'm sorry. But it was just a brief taste of heaven. And I can't think of anything I'd rather hear than those five words, from the Creator of the Universe. I just talked about that today in the morning service - how God meets us, shows up, changes us, offers transformation, helps us "get it". And tonight, I had myself a moment.

It was awesome.

2 comments:

WhatAboutNovember said...

I believe it.

Love you.

Kim Kready said...

It was the most unbelievable service I've ever been to! I closed my eyes during the singing, just imagining that it was a little taste of what heaven will be like. I was so moved by the whole service. We've only been there one year--there are so many who have been on this journey from the beginning. But, I could sense the Holy Spirit there with us. And, the tears flowed, and I just wanted to go to heaven right then and there. But, we still have work to do!